STUDIO POLICIES FOR PARTICIPATION AND MEMBERSHIP
At Power BAR Women’s Fitness each and every student is an important member of our community. We believe students should be taught in a safe, nurturing, and positive environment. Below you will find important information regarding our studio and policies and procedures. Please take a moment to carefully review the information and download a copy of our Studio Rules and Policies Handbook for your records.
• No food or drink near the pole, besides water.
• Cell phones are not to be used in class and should be turned off or on mute. Self-recording is permissible only during times that the coach designates and only when the camera is focused on you.
• Profanity, unsportsmanlike conduct, and or gossip will not be tolerated. Positive energy only!
• Keep hands off the mirrors and do not lean on our mirrors. No feet on the walls.
• During class instruction time all students should stay on task and not attempt to work on independent pole and dance work. It is highly distracting and rude to those around you, as well as the coach. Please use Open BAR classes to work on independent material.
• Students will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while at Power BAR Women’s Fitness and events in which Power BAR Women’s Fitness is being represented. Proper respect for our coaches and staff is expected of all students.
• Bring a good attitude to class. Attitudes that are disrespectful, uncooperative, or aggressive do not have a place at Power BAR Women’s Fitness.
• Students will not speak negatively about one another or the coaches.
• Any student who disrupts class or approaches a coach, another student or prospect of the studio with the intent to cause dissent or contravene the policies and procedures of Power BAR Women’s Fitness will be dismissed immediately.
• Any inappropriate or slanderous remarks about Power BAR Women’s Fitness on any social media site will be cause for immediate dismissal from the studio.
• All content taught at Power BAR Women’s Fitness is proprietary information and may not be claimed as your own or duplicated.
• No student is permitted to teach other students at any time while in the studio.
• And remember to smile, learn, and have fun in each class!
• Students are expected to be in the BAR Level Series Class they have enrolled in each week. Absences or tardiness can have a negative effect on the learning curve and no makeup classes are offered unless it is a studio wide class cancellation.
• Make sure you notify the coach in case of an absence.
• If a student is absent from class the coach will do their best to bring them up to speed in the next class, however this is not a guarantee and may require you to retake the course.
• If attendance becomes a problem the coach may not grant the student the opportunity to test out due to safety concerns. Each situation will be on a case-by-case basis.
• We appreciate our students who have supportive friends and family; however, spectators are not permitted into any sessions.
• Please stand away from the viewing window and or doorway when a class is in session. Sometimes students feel additional pressure and stress when nonparticipating students are watching. It is important for all students to remain focused while in the classroom.
• No children are permitted in the studio at any time. Participating students aged 16 and up with proper parental permission are allowed to take class with a proper RSVP.
Lost and Found
• Please mark all dancewear, grip aids, shoes, and personal items with your name to make them easily identifiable in the event they get left behind. We will make every effort to locate and return lost items; however, we cannot be responsible for any items that are left behind.
• Lost and Found items are donated to the Women’s Shelter monthly. If you would like to contribute more items, please see a staff member for more details.
Student Use of Social Media
The use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging and other social media outlets is commonplace. This policy is intended to provide students with guidelines for the use of social media regarding Power BAR Women’s Fitness.
• Be mindful of recording videos and photos in Power BAR Women’s Fitness and be sure to do so only at the designated times given to you by a Coach. Please do not capture any other students in your frames as not all students wish to be posted on social media.
• Please use discretion when posting content taken at Power BAR Women’s Fitness on these sites.
• Never post anything that could compromise the self-esteem of students who attend Power BAR Women’s Fitness.
• Please refrain from posting any negative comments about Power BAR Women’s Fitness, our coaches, our performances, or any events attended. If there is a grievance, we ask that you bring it to our staff’s attention directly. This can be done by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you post videos of class, do not post any choreography in its entirety as the content taught belongs to Power BAR Women’s Fitness as proprietary information.
• If it is brought to our attention that there has been improper use of social media, you will be asked to remove the content and if not done so or if this continues to be a problem, it may result in dismissal as a student.
No Solicitation Policy
• Solicitation/Recruitment is unprofessional and unethical and will not be tolerated. Out of respect for Power BAR Women’s Fitness what we have created, we ask that no student currently taking classes at Power BAR Women’s Fitness and recently thereafter solicit/recruit, or attempt to solicit/recruit, Power BAR Women’s Fitness students and/or prospective students for other instruction relating to dance.
• Self-promotion inside Power BAR Women’s Fitness studios will not be tolerated without proper approval. Our company heavily supports entrepreneurship however we desire that sharing what you may sell is done so in a tasteful way and does not impede on the classroom time of others. Do not leave business cards, flyers, etc. inside the studio without permission from management.
Photos and Videos
• Regularly Power BAR Women’s Fitness posts photos and videos of our classes, performances, and general "studio life." These photos are used for advertising, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, and our website. Please refer to line 8 of the Waiver signed at new student sign up.
• Power BAR Women’s Fitness believes there is safety in numbers. We highly encourage students to leave class in small to large groups when walking to cars.
• We discourage standing around in front of the buildings and/or parking lots for lengthy periods of times post class and in the evenings to chat. Although the area in which Power BAR Women’s Fitness studios are is relatively safe, we are still in the downtown area and encourage all students to use caution as if in any major city.
• If you see something, say something. If at any time you feel unsafe or uncertain, please do not leave the Power BAR studio without saying something to a member of our team so that we can take appropriate action. Always better to err on the side of caution.
• If you are involved in an immediate safety or medical emergency call 9-1-1 immediately.